Science at Henry Whipple
At Henry Whipple, Science is taught as a programme of study, year by year for Key Stages 1 and 2, where key skills are embedded through:
- Purpose - developing, using and applying
- Sequence of learning - year by year progress in line with the new curriculum
- Working scientifically - focus on scientific enquiry, embedded in all sciene lessons.
Our Curriculum aims
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries, helping them to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
Our Curriculum focus areas for this year
- Monitor and evaluate the teaching of science in accordance with the new curriculum.
- Raise the profile of science within school through various events and whole school projects.
- Ensure coverage and progression in line with the new curriculum.